Tuesday 9 November 2010

No more broken promises.

Following my rambling blogs last month I've had a little bit of time to think about the tuition fee debacle now and for the Lib Dems it principally does come down to one thing.  A promise is a promise.  The image above is a still from our campaign video that was shown pre-election, showing all of Labour's broken promises with the slogan of "no more broken promises" (Fred Carver highlighted this on his post on the Lib Dem Voice).   Should our MPs vote for any motion that includes an increase in tuition fees then we shall be doing exactly what the previous government did.  I also feel that it will be the Lib Dem vote that will sway this as even those in Labour who back it can't let an opportunity pass where they could defeat the government.  

In my next blog I shall outline what I actually think of the policies themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment