Wednesday 13 July 2011

Totally in bad taste...

Being away at the weekend I am very behind with everything and have only just really been browsing through the blogs I read to see if there is anything I particularly missed.  The immediate thing that jumped out at me was this:


(picture edited from a screenshot of Diane Abbott's twitter feed as one more tweet had been made)


Brought to my attention by a post by the fantastic Richard Morris (although it seems impossible to link to the particular post - he made it on Monday if that helps).


I have friends who have quite dark senses of humour (my own has been known to be too on occasions), I wouldn't have been surprised to see some of them tweeting this, however I think it is disgusting that an elected official in the public eye could make such a comment at this time.  It has (apparently) gained a fair bit of coverage (at least on twitter) so imagine how Milly Dowler's family would feel if they read that?


It is disappointing as I used to really like Diane Abbott, I always enjoyed her opinions (even when I didn't agree) on the Daily Politics, so I was surprised to see her make such a crass comment, even in jest.  I agree with Richard that she should definitely remove this post, leaving it there is stubborn and insensitive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment